Former Collingwood forward Jack Anthony may be forced to bide his time in the WAFL for an extended period as Fremantle’s pint-sized attack continues to flourish.

Anthony, who crossed from the Magpies to Fremantle at the end of 2010 on a three-year deal, is yet to play an AFL match for the Dockers after struggling to hit the scoreboard during the pre-season.

The 23-year-old has been in solid form for WAFL club Subiaco, booting four goals in the team’s six-point loss to Claremont last week.

But with goalsneaks Hayden Ballantyne and Chris Mayne in good touch and Matthew Pavlich, Adam McPhee, Kepler Bradley, Nat Fyfe and Stephen Hill regularly scoring goals, Harvey sees no need to select an out-and-out key forward.

“I think the real strength of the team is to not have a goalkicker as such or a main man to go to,” Harvey told Perth radio station 6PR.

“Quite often I look at a number of sides that are low on the ladder and they’ve got a potent full-forward but that can be their weakness in the end.”

Although Harvey said Anthony was one of a host of players vying to squeeze back into the team, the 192cm forward is almost certain to be overlooked for Monday’s clash with Western Bulldogs at Patersons Stadium.

The Dockers will make at least one change for that match, with former Port Adelaide defender Nick Lower expected to earn the nod to replace Nick Suban (broken leg).

Meanwhile, Harvey urged the AFL not to tinker with drawn games, saying he liked the idea of each team receiving two competition points instead of playing extra-time to decide a winner.

Three draws have already been played out this season, with the latest being last week’s epic between Essendon and Carlton.

“Look, leave it. Let it go. Don’t keep changing things in the game,” Harvey said.

“Just keep it pretty much how it’s been for a long period of time.

“Some things have got to be a little bit sacred.”

Source Link