Fremantle    5.3    7.7    8.11    11.13 (79)
Adelaide      0.3    2.5     4.9      7.12 (54)

Fremantle: McPhee 2, Mayne 2, Bradley, Fyfe, Crowley, Mundy, Palmer, Walters, Hill
Adelaide: Walker 2, Vince, Dangerfield, McKernan, Stevens, Jaensch

Fyfe, Hill, Mundy, Sandilands, McPharlin, Pavlich
Adelaide: Thompson, Dangerfield, van Berlo, Vince

Fremantle: Sandilands (eye)
Adelaide: Davis (shoulder)

Fremantle: Aaron Sandilands (eye) replaced by Michael Walters in the third quarter
Adelaide: Phil Davis (shoulder) replaced by Brodie Martin in the second quarter

Reports: Ivan Maric (Adelaide) in the final quarter – details to come.

Umpires: Margetts, Rosebury, Jennings

Official crowd:
33,414 at AAMI Stadium

A Scintillating first quarter by Fremantle has seen the visitors upset Adelaide by 25 points at AAMI Stadium on Saturday afternoon.

Fremantle kept the Crows goalless in the opening term, silencing the home crowd with a 30-point advantage at quarter-time.

The visitors controlled the corridor for most of the game, with youngsters Stephen Hill (28 possessions) and Nat Fyfe (27 possessions) running rings around the Adelaide midfielders.

Skipper Matthew Pavlich also found plenty of the ball in his record-breaking 239th game for Fremantle, racking up 25 disposals to guide his side to just its seventh victory at AAMI Stadium from 25 attempts.

Coming into the match off last weekend’s bye, Adelaide was sluggish and sloppy with their ball movement early on, and lacked forward structure despite the return of Kurt Tippett.

It took a trademark dash from half-back by Patrick Dangerfield to rally the home side in the third term, with his 55m goal lifting the Adelaide faithful to their feet.

A second goal to Taylor Walker saw the momentum of the game briefly shift Adelaide’s way, and their resurgence gained further momentum when Fremantle lost star ruckman Aaron Sandilands after the big man was inadvertently poked in the eye by Adelaide’s Richard Tambling.

However, the Crows could not capitalise on Sandilands’ absence, with set-shots from van Berlo, Jaensch and Knights going astray and the deficit still 26 points at the final change.

Early goals in the last quarter to Chris Mayne and substitute Michael Walters extended Freo’s advantage back beyond 30 points, while the Crows continued to kick themselves out of contention with opportunities to Matthew Jaensch and Walker also missing their mark.

Late majors to Shaun McKernan and Scott Stevens brought some respectability to the scoreboard for Adelaide, but Hill capped off a brilliant individual performance with a classy left foot goal in the closing minutes to cement the victory.

Source Link

Be Sociable, Share!